1. Kim Nam-joon was born on Sept. 12, 1994, in Ilsan, Gyeonggi Province.
2. RM is the leader and main rapper in the group, as well as a songwriter and producer.
3. He has composed or produced more than 100 songs,
4. Before joining Big Hit Entertainment in 2010, RM was an underground rapper whose stage name was Runch Randa.
5. He started gaining interest in hip-hop after listening to Epic High’s hit “Fly.”
6. He started writing songs in 2007, when he was in the 7th grade, and shared them on online hip-hop community sites.
7. Big Hit Entertainment’s CEO Bang Si-hyuk decided to form Bangtan Boys after meeting RM,
8. Early in his career, he’d suffered from an identity crisis as an idol rapper, torn between pursuing pure hip-hop and an idol career.
9. As a child, RM had a thing for uniforms and wanted to become an apartment security guard.
10. Vocal isn’t his strong suit. Bang Si-hyuk once told him to “just rap” after listening to his singing. But fans loved his vocals in V and RM’s collaboration track “4’ clock.”
11. RM’s favorite karaoke song used to be Supreme Team’s “Ddaeng Daeng Daeng.”
12. During high school, RM and BTOB’s Ilhoon used to be members of the same club.
13. He is currently enrolled in Global Cyber University alongside Suga, J-Hope, Jimin, V, and Jungkook.
14. RM has a younger sister the same age as Jungkook. But he said he would not introduce her to him.
15. RM is 181 centimeters tall, and is the tallest member of BTS.
16. He doesn’t have a religion.
17. When he was a student, he studied at around 30-40 hagwons.
18. His IQ score is 148.
19. When he was 15, RM’s TOEIC score was 850 out of 990.
20. RM wrote lyrics of “No More Dream” because he had no dreams when he was in school.
21. RM tried dreadlocks when he was in middle school.
22. RM studied abroad in New Zealand for six months.
23. He is in charge of speaking in English in BTS’ foreign media interviews. He learned English by watching NBC’s hit sitcom “Friends.”
24. RM spoke at the at UNICEF’s youth initiative “Generation Unlimited” held at the UN headquarters in New York.
25. RM’s dancing skill was bad at first. Fans used to make fun of his dancing skill out of love, but now he’s improved a lot.
26. RM is called “The god of destruction” for often failing to control his power and breaking things around him.
27. With his “destructive” hand, he once ripped off Jungkook’s shirt while performing “Fake Love” onstage. Fans loved it.
28. He once broke the glass floor, which was a part of a music video set for “Blood, Sweat and Tears” while dancing.
29. He is the clumsiest member in the group, and this has got him into a lot of trouble.
30. Often forgetting to return the stuff he borrowed from other members, he once took V’s earphones and didn’t return them for two months.
31. He had lost his passport in 2016 and 2017, while touring Northern Europe and Chile, respectively. Members say they are now used to it.
32. He is a bookworm and studies vocabulary to improve his lyrics.
33. If he focuses on something, he gets really into it. He said he’d searched interview articles about a designer of his favorite figure to know more about its design,
34. His favorite number is 1.
35. He doesn’t eat seafood and hates cigarettes.
36. He is a supporter of LGBT rights.
37. RM loves sweet snacks like cotton candy, chocolates and cakes.
38. He has a pet dog named Rap Mon.
39. He likes black, purple and pink.
40. One of his favorite movies is “Eternal Sunshine.”
41. If he was a girl, he said he would date J-Hope, since he’s like a caring mother in the dorm.
42. On one radio program, RM was chosen as the member most likely to have a playboy image.
43. He prefers girls of his age or older than him. On one radio program, he chose singer-songwriter Younha as his ideal type, saying he loves all of her songs.
44. His ideal type is a woman who has a nice voice and pale skin, is in shape, smart, and looks good in a pair of red converse.
45. He likes to travel around without any plan. One day he was working on music, went to Ttukseom Island just to rest his mind and wrote “Reflection.”
46. If he could spend his lifelong luck all at once, he would get married to a woman he really loves and maintain friendship with friends from kindergarten for the rest of his life. “Life is unpredictable, and I think such things are my luck,” he said.
47. His speeches at concerts are so touching and inspiring that fans love to collect his quotes.
48. When he has concerns, he often talks to Suga and Jimin.
49. He chose Jungkook as the member with whom he would love to make a subunit.
50. RM said if he didn’t join BTS, he would have become a writer or a poet.